Glitter-attack with Misa Disco Queen +bonus pictures of me with afro-wig ;-)

By
For my birthday ( in May ) my love 'Eppie' gave me tickets for the Valtifest festival ( september 3rd ). It's a rather new festival with lot's of DJ's, bands and it's on an awesome location in Amsterdam. Every year they have a theme and they like everyone to be creative with the theme and dress up for the festival. I had 5 months to prepare...and only thought about a costume 2 days before the festival. The theme was "All in the family" and I decided I wanted to be a SoulSister. And the best mani for that outfit was the glamorous golden glitters of Misa Disco Queen!!!

Voor mijn verjaardag dit jaar ( in mei ) kreeg ik van mijn lieve 'Eppie' kaartjes voor het Valtifest festival ( 3 september ). Het is een vrij nieuw festival met veel DJ's, bands en het is op een leuke locatie, de NDSM werf in Amsterdam. Ieder jaar hebben ze een thema en dan is het de bedoeling dat je creatief bent met het thema en dat je je dan verkleedt. Ik had dus 5 maanden om na te denken over een outfit en ik bedacht pas iets twee dagen voor het festival. het thema was 'All in the family" en ik besloot dat ik als een "SoulSister" wilde gaan. En de beste mani die ik kon bedenken bij dat thema was de glamorous gouden glitterlak Misa Disco Queen.
Color
Yellow golden glitter. The glittes are tiny and there are LOTS of them! They aren't extremely sparkly, but they do look spectacular and make your nails look like you dipped them in gold. I had to look at my nails constantly and frequently waved them in front of 'Eppie's' eyes to make him look also. He also loved this polish.

Kleur
Geel gouden glitters. De glitters zijn heel klein en het zijn er heel VEEL! Ze glitteren niet heel extreem, maar ze zien er wél spectaculair uit en het lijkt alsof je je nagels in echt goud gedoopt hebt. Ik bleef maar kijken naar mijn nagels en wapperde ze regelmatig voor de ogen van 'Eppie' zodat hij er ook naar moest kijken. Hij vindt dit ook een mooie lak.
Application
Great coverage, it's a onecoater. The polish is very thick so I added some thinner.
I wore this polish once before over a basecoat and topped with Seche Vite and it chipped like crazy! So this time I took precautions and used 2 layers basecoat, then I applied a golden polish from Orly, after that I applied Disco Queen and I finished with 2 coats Seche Vite, both times I carefully wrapped the tips. It wore like iron, no chips at all after several days.

Applicatie
Dekt echt geweldig, is in één laag dekkend. De lak is erg dik, dus ik heb wat nagellak verdunner toegevoegd.
Ik heb deze lak een keer eerder gedragen, over een basecoat en afgelakt met een laagje Seche Vite en de stukken lak vlogen er binnen een dag al vanaf. Dus deze keer heb ik voorzorgsmaatregelen genomen en 2 lagen basecoat gedaan, daarna een laagje gouden lak van Orly, toen de Disco Queen en daarna twee lagen Seche Vite waarbij ik allebei de keren de randjes van de nagel volledig heb ingepakt in lak. Het zat ijzervast, geen enkel stukje eraf in de dagen dat ik het droeg.
VERY color accurate this one
My SoulSister outfit was a minidress with retro-pattern, a wide golden belt around the waist, big golden earrings, nice golden sunglasses and a big black curly afro-wig with a golden flower in it. It was 82 degrees Fahrenheit, so it was pretty hot with that wig on. But after a few cocktails I didn't notice it anymore ;-)

Mijn SoulSister outfit bestond uit een minijurkje met een retro-patroontje erop, een brede gouden wikkelriem om mijn middel, leuke gouden zonnebril en een grote zwarte afropruik met een gouden bloem erin. Het was echt 28 graden dus je begrijpt dat het flink heet werd onder die pruik. maar na een paar flinke cocktails merkte ik daar niks meer van ;-)
I really have to laugh at my droopy eyes from all the cocktails I drank. When I took the picture I really thought t didn't show.

Ik moet zo lachen om die hangerige oogjes van al die cocktails. Toen ik die foto maakte dacht ik echt dat je daar niets van zag.
And to finish this post I show you a picture of 'Eppie' ( he was a sailor ) and me. We had so much fun that day.

En om deze post mee af te sluiten laat ik jullie een foto zien van 'Eppie' ( hij was een zeeman ) en ik. We hebben zo veel lol gehad die dag.

Thank you so much for watching!
I hope you enjoyed watching this awesome golden polish
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

9 comments:

  1. SO FREAKING FIERCE >: D I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your eye makeup, and the polish is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome polish...drool-worthy! you look so cute with your makeup too. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Line, Suz, SmokE and Pretty, thank you so much for liking this polish. I was really excited to post this polish and I'm glad you like it!
    Oh and also thank you for liking the eyemakeup, it's a look with my fav eyeshadow Lancome 133 and Fyrinnae Newcastle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! As a glitter-a-holic I am officially drooling over that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You both look so cute together! :D

    ReplyDelete

Big hug from me to you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I love reading your comments :-)

If you want me to check out your blog, please send me an email and I'll certainly take a look.
I WILL NOT FOLLOW YOU if you leave your link in a comment, so don't even bother.

Powered by Blogger.

Labels

A England (2) alice in Wonderland (4) Anny (1) Apothica (8) Baby (4) Barielle (2) Beetlejuice (6) Beige (1) Beyu (1) black (15) Blaze (1) blue (49) blush (1) Born Pretty Store (1) Bourjois (1) Brown (2) brush stroke manicure (1) BYS (3) Catrice (9) cats (3) challenge (7) chevron (1) China Glaze (54) Christmas (1) Claire's (2) CND (1) Collistar (1) Color Club (19) comparison (6) Copper (3) coral (3) Crackle (8) creme (21) CultNails (2) cuteness (1) Deborah Lippmann (1) decoration (1) Diamond Cosmetics (2) distressed nails (1) dots (3) Duochrome (12) DutchIndie (4) Easter (1) Essence (16) Essie (5) EvilShades (1) Eyes (3) flakies (9) foil (9) Franken (2) French manicure (3) FUN Lacquer (2) Fyrinnae (2) Galaxy (1) giveaway (9) glassfleck (4) glitter (76) GlossyBox (4) Gold (30) Gosh (3) got (2) GOTPolishChallenge (6) Green (41) grey (5) groen (1) Guestblog (1) Hard Candy (1) Hema (25) Hennes and Maurits (3) herome (1) Herôme (10) highlight (1) Hits (2) Holographic (40) Hunkemöller (1) Indie nailpolish (12) Isadora (3) Jade (1) JindieNails (5) Kerstmis (1) Kiko (4) kkcenterhk (1) Kleancolor (4) Konad (19) LA Girl (4) lacquester (2) Laquester (1) lila (4) Lilac (1) Lips (2) magenta (1) make-up (1) Matte (11) mauve (1) MaxFactor (1) Metallic (12) Milani (5) Mint (3) Misa (30) Models Own (8) MS (1) multichrome (2) multicolour (15) nagellak (5) nailart (54) nailfoil (1) nailstickers (3) nailvinyls (1) Neon (20) Nfu-Oh (6) NicolebyOPI (1) Nubar (4) OMG (1) oogschaduw (1) oogschaduwpotlood (1) OPI (44) orange (15) Orly (11) Peach (2) Pink (49) PolishAlcoholic (1) pretty&polished (2) pu (1) Purple (42) rainbow (1) Red (15) Rescue Beauty Lounge (6) review (1) Sally Hansen (6) Sand (1) saran wrap (1) Savvy (1) SdP plate (3) sephora (2) Shatter (4) shimmer (25) silver (16) Sinful Colors (1) smartnails (10) snailvinyls (1) SpaRitual (6) splatter (2) splatternails (1) sponging (1) Spotted (1) stamping (1) stars (1) studs (2) Suede (1) swap (4) swatch (4) Tag (5) taupe (2) Teal (18) thermal (2) Tim Burton (3) toddler (1) turquoise (5) Tutorial (1) TwinkledT (1) Ultrachrome (1) Valentine (1) Vampy (5) vinyls (1) Viva la Nails (10) W7 (3) waterdecal (1) watermarble (1) Wet 'n Wild (1) white (9) Yellow (13) YesLove (1) ziplock (1) Zoya (9) zwart (1)

Followers